Wednesday, September 03, 2008

update : 2nd sept 2008

Dear All,

It seems like many of you have received the latest news about the rangers' decision even my update! The wonders of the internet and in our situation, a real blessing because we can all be so quickly and closely connected.

Yes, they have decided that after so many days of active search and at their lowest estimate, close to 2500 man-hours of energy expended, they will not do anymore active search from Wed onwards. This means the case is still open, flyers are still out but they will not send out teams anymore though all the park staff are still aware of the case and will keep their eyes out in the course of their normal duties or for any clues which other hikers might alert them to. They told us that they have covered at least between 80-90% of the high probability areas, higher than the normal 60+%. We do believe they have tried their very best and we have thanked them for it.

So now again we have no other recourse but to look to our God again. Like what one of our friends wrote, it has been a roller coaster ride, a journey of faith challenged and faith reaffirmed, especially each evening when we end the day without Yi Jien being found as yet. My picture of my own journey is like that of walking on a tight rope (not a very thin one though :-)) with darkness all around and the only way to keep my footing sure is not to look to the left or right or down (if I start peering down, it gets scary, the darkness is full of fear and pain and hopelessness . . . and so I don't look down, not because I am so strong but for self-preservation :-)) but to keep looking straight - at God; the same picture of Peter walking on the water only if he keeps his eyes on Jesus and not on the swirling waters around.

Even after this last piece of news (and incidentally the weather was good yesterday, and humanly speaking again, just right for rescue) when I think maybe we have heard God wrong, He keeps encouraging, gently yet lovingly to trust and wait. Before I slept last night, I was googling for one song but somehow another song appeared - God Will Make a Way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOjYR8UZT8&feature=related)
. And this morning again, He gives the song that had been such an encouragment before we met with the rangers yesterday ; Like Eagles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNvgTPiUsdM

He seems still to be saying . . trust and wait . . and so we will do that because we know that He is our God who is faithful and worthy of our trust. His ways may just seem out of this world and beyond our wisest understanding, but let us continue to trust Him and wait and watch and see what He will do.

And so thank you again for so faithfully praying and supporting us . . . so many of you have written to encourage . . I know that it is just as difficult and challenging a journey of faith for each of you as well . . thank you. We can never thank each of you enough but my comfort is that He knows all your hearts and all you have gone through.

My readings from Isaiah 43 and 44 yesterday, and 45 and 46 today are again encouraging. God is still God and there is no other.
His peace and grace be with each of you in ever increasing measure as you worship Him and seek His face.

In the Father's Hands

kim guat

p.s. don't worry about us, we are keeping well by His grace
p.p.s My apologies if I am getting long-winded in my updates :-) some of my friends say I have a tendency to be long-winded . . I don't necessarily agree but . . ! God bless :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home